Honorary Expedition Leader
- Dan Gotshall is a marine biologist with 34 years research experience with the California Depart¬ment of Fish and Game. He retired from the department in 1988. During his career he conduc¬ted research on sportfishing, rock fish life history, shrimp, crabs and baseline ecological underwater and intertidal communities.
- Dan is also a professional underwater photographer; his photos have appeared in numerous books, maga-zines and newspapers, and have also been included in displays at aquariums and museums.
- In 1978, to document and photograph fishes and Invertebrates for his books, Dan began a series of expeditions. The first was aboard the new dive boat Baja Explorador in the Sea of Cortez. Subsequent expeditions included the following: Islands in South-West Alaska and British Columbia, San Benitos Islands and Roca Alijos off the outer coast of Baja California; as well as Clarion Island (Explorer's Club Flag expedition) and the other islands of the Revillagigedo Archipelago and the Galapagos Islands. Unfortunately he was unable to participate in any of the recent Ciipperton Island expeditions due to work conflicts
- In 2007 Dan retired from diving and underwater photography.
- His publications include over 50 scientific reports on Pacific coast fishes and invertebrates. Dan has also authored and co-authored eight marine life books.
- Dan and his wife Ann for thirty years were co-owners of the publishing company Sea Challengers, Inc., based in Monterev. California.
- Contact information:
- DANIEL W. GOTSHALL
- Underwater Photography
- Specializing in Pacific Coast of North America Marine Life Photos
- 4 Sommerset Rise • Monterey, CA 93940
- (831) 373-5482 FAX (831) 373-4566
- Email: email@example.com